We have an exciting opportunity for top-tier candidates to join an innovative, entrepreneurial culture, with hands-on training and upward mobility. A successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to provide impact immediately throughout all phases of a deal from inception to close all while gaining valuable client-facing experience. We are looking for self-motivated leaders with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a small deal team.
BIZCAP® (Business Capital since 2002) is a leading commercial finance & advisory firm with over 20 years of experience structuring and delivering customized financial solutions to hyper-growth and distressed middle market companies nationwide. BizCap originates, underwrites and secures resourceful working capital for companies in special situations, especially when conventional capital sources are elusive or not an option. We have a proven track record of success in a wide cross section of industries and providing strategic advisory services, including sell-side advisory and debt restructuring.
Associate Job Description:
We are seeking a top candidate to join our deal team in the San Francisco office (upon reopening), participate heavily in transaction execution and interface with investment professionals throughout the US. The Associate will have the capability to oversee a team of analysts and provide leadership in all aspects of client engagements, including: new client marketing, business relationship development, transaction pre-screening, transaction due diligence, financial modeling, industry and sector analysis, prospective lender/investor marketing, and other execution efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Review and perform preliminary credit analysis of new transaction opportunities
- Strong ability to understand, incorporate and synthesize client and industry information and analyze key credit and deal metrics to align with BizCap strategy
- Perform financial and business due diligence and financial modeling that is accurate, error-free
- Collaborate in the development of transaction marketing collateral for BizCap mandates that are clean and client-ready
- Oversee the creation of virtual data rooms, ensuring integrity and currency of data
- Participate in new client pitch meetings, calls, and deck preparation
- Handle outgoing calls related to prospective transactions, including follow-up and gathering market intelligence
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with industry professionals, including commercial banks, PE firms, institutional lenders, accountants, lawyers
- Participate in industry events (when appropriate) to develop and nurture business relationships
- Mentor and train junior analysts
- Maintain CRM/database records meticulously, consistently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record, solid finance knowledge
- 2+ years of relevant credit experience with a commercial bank, investment bank, institutional lender, or related finance experience.
- Robust financial modeling and analytical skills, including knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong experience producing high-quality client materials including Confidential Investment Memorandums (CIM’s), presentations and reports.
- Must be extremely detailed, process-oriented, and organized
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills and comfortable collaborating with C-Suite directly
- Strong work ethic with an enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated positive attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to manage multiple work streams
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Competitive base salary + performance-based bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience; additional compensation is based on company and individual performance. Full medical benefits and matching 401K plan.