BizCap SVP/ Head of Originations Job Description
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Since 2002, Business Capital (BizCap) www.bizcap.com has executed commercial credit transactions totaling several billion dollars across a diverse range of industries, geographies and financial structures. We specialize in providing solutions for situations that are too difficult for more traditional sources of capital to navigate. Whether supporting a management team through a complex business transition or helping a bank exit a troubled loan, BizCap is a strong and effective capital source for challenging situations.
The BizCap SVP/Head of Origination will have direct responsibility for managing and hiring origination teams and will work closely with BizCap’s, President & CEO, Managing Director, Chief Credit Officer and Director of Marketing to develop and deploy sales planning and execution, Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Leverage your commercial finance network, creating a robust symbiotic referral network.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing deals and hiring talented origination professionals, providing ongoing coaching, mentorship and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing opportunities and completing daily management tasks
- Assist the President & CEO with driving revenue and setting overall corporate strategy
- Develop and implement sales goals and plans for you, your team and the business
- Assist with developing new and maintaining existing relationships with investment professionals, commercial banks, PE firms, institutional lenders, accountants, lawyers, and other participants in the commercial finance community
- Develop new referral channels
- Interface, partner and strategize with BizCap credit and capital markets team.
- Originate and run, or assign and manage, new business that comes from BizCap’s President & CEO, Managing Director, other team members, website or other sources
- Participate in new client interface, via in-person meetings and calls
- Advise & opine on CIM and other documents prepared by BizCap credit team
- Participate in industry events to develop and nurture staff and business relationships
- Help manage analysts, new hires and interns as needed.
- 5+ years of commercial lending experience
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- 3+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Business Development experience, including development and execution of business vision, strategies, and goals.
- 5+ years sales and marketing leadership experience
- Leadership experience including mentoring and coaching.
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience with Microsoft and Adobe suite of products
Other Job Expectations
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Based in San Francisco Office, CA-SF Financial District, 311 California St.