Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring
Out-of-court business restructuring is often a faster, less expensive and more flexible solution compared with a bankruptcy filing. At Business Capital, we often encounter clients who are facing significant financial crises that cannot be worked out without a business bankruptcy filing and assistance from the court. These situations may, require an independent professional for a successful business reorganization and turnaround. Business Capital is recognized by Bankruptcy Courts around the country to act as Financial Advisor to Debtors in pending Chapter 11 cases.
Strategic Planning & Solutions
Both in and out of court, Business Capital brings competency, credibility and the expertise necessary to plan and implement business reorganization and financial restructuring strategies to expedite a successful turnaround for small and middle market companies.
Business Capital’s Capabilities:
• Appointed Chapter 7/11 Trustee
• Liquidating Trust Appointments
• Financial Advisor to Debtor
• Minimizing liabilities, reconciling claims
• Negotiating & implementing settlement strategies
• Developing & implementing business reorganization,
liquidation &wind-down plans
• Reviewing operations & analyzing cost reductions
• Implementing the plan post-confirmation
• Marshaling assets, searching for assets
• Selling assets & maximizing recovery
• Assessing solvency & the viability of the business
• Assessing management capability & serving as interim management
• Business Capital was appointed by the Court & Office of the United States Trustee to assist the Debtor in the formation of a strategic business reorganization plan and the sale of a major hotel. BizCap was able to use its vast network to secure a lender to provide DIP financing, giving the Debtor time to restructure debt and identify a prospective purchaser for the principal asset of the bankruptcy estate.
• Business Capital was appointed financial advisor to the Debtor in a pending complex Chapter 11 case involving multiple commercial properties and several lenders with competing interests. The lenders consented to BizCap being retained to sort out the debt and priority of claims against the estate and to negotiate a payoff and assure a residual interest in the properties to the Debtor. Business Capital will also secure funding for the plan and restructure the Debtor’s holdings.
• Business Capital is currently active and in several other business reorganization and financial restructuring situations, instrumental in assisting the client in bankruptcy planning and consulting with counsel on the business strategy to expedite a successful turnaround.