San Francisco, CA – Financial District
We have an exciting opportunity for a top-tier analyst to join an innovative team with an entrepreneurial culture. This position offers hands-on training from seasoned industry professionals and upward mobility. We are looking for leaders with strong interpersonal and credit skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a small deal team.
Business Capital (BizCap) is a leading corporate finance & advisory firm with over 15 years of experience structuring and delivering customized financial solutions to hyper-growth and distressed small and middle market companies nationwide. BizCap originates, underwrites and secures resourceful working capital for companies in special situations, especially when conventional capital sources are elusive. We have a proven track record of success in a wide cross section of industries and also provide strategic advisory services, including sell-side advisory and debt restructuring.
Analyst Job Description:
The Analyst will be an active member of the firm’s Debt Capital Advisory Group and involved in all aspects of debt advisory and placement, as well as client engagements, including: transaction screening, new client marketing, financial modeling and accounting analysis, industry and sector analysis, transaction due diligence, memorandum drafting, prospective lender/investor marketing, and other execution efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform preliminary credit analysis of new transaction opportunities
- Participate in financial and business due diligence
- Meet with client management teams
- Identify key credit merits and risks
- Research and analysis of public information, equity research and credit rating reports
- Analyze existing credit agreements
- Draft informational memorandums, presentations and related materials
- Organize and populate virtual data rooms
- Prepare financial spreads and models
- Participate in new client pitch meetings and calls
- Develop relationships with partners and professionals at lending, accounting, legal and other firms in the commercial finance community
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- 1-3 years of relevant credit experience with a commercial bank, investment bank, institutional lender, or related. Completion of an analyst training program and business development experience are a plus
- Strong financial analysis and project management skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized self-starter
- Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent communication and presentation skills
Base salary + discretionary end of year bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience; additional compensation is based on company and individual performance. Full medical benefits and matching 401K plan.