Associate – Capital Markets
San Francisco, CA
Are you a credit analyst, underwriter, relationship or portfolio manager hungry to get hands-on experience with larger, more complex deals you won’t see at commercial banks?
Are you eager to expand your knowledge of the debt capital markets and passionate about providing solutions for middle-market companies?
Have you completed an analyst training program and are looking for an opportunity to grow your network and take your career to the next level?
If you answered YES to the above, read on! You may be the perfect fit for the Associate position with Business Capital (BizCap).
Associate Job Description:
We are seeking a top candidate to join our deal team in the San Francisco office. The Associate will be heavily involved in all aspects of client origination and active engagements, including: new client marketing, business relationship development, transaction pre-screening, transaction due diligence, financial modeling, industry and sector analysis, memorandum drafting, prospective lender/investor marketing, and other execution efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Perform preliminary credit analysis of new transaction opportunities
- Identify key credit merits and risks
- Participate in financial and business due diligence
- Help draft Investment Banking documents and related marketing materials
- Organize and populate virtual data rooms
- Participate in new client pitch meetings and calls
- Develop strong relationships with investment professionals with commercial banks, PE firms, institutional lenders, accountants, lawyers, and other participants in the finance community
- Significant outgoing calling efforts for prospective new transactions or gathering market intelligence
- Participate in industry events to develop and nurture business relationships
- Help manage analysts and interns as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record; MBA or CFA is a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant credit experience with a commercial bank, investment bank, institutional lender, or related
- Completion of an analyst training program is a plus
- Strong financial analysis and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent communication and presentation skills
Base salary + commission on closed deals + discretionary end of year bonus. Salary is commensurate with experience; additional compensation is based on company and individual performance. Full medical benefits and matching 401K plan.
Business Capital (BizCap) is a leading debt capital advisory firm with nearly 20 years of experience structuring and delivering customized financing solutions to hyper-growth and distressed middle market companies nationwide. BizCap originates, underwrites and secures resourceful capital for companies in special situations, especially when conventional capital sources are elusive. We have a proven track record of success in a wide cross section of industries and also provide strategic advisory services, including sell-side advisory and debt restructuring.